The Tewksbury Lodge #2872 Order Sons and Daughters of Italy in America application for our 2021 scholarship award is now open. Please see below how to apply.
The number of scholarships and amounts will vary dependent upon funding available and the number of qualified applicants. In addition, funds donated specifically for scholarships by other lodges, organizations, or individuals will be awarded to properly qualified applicants through the recommendation of the Scholarship Committee.
All applicants for one of our scholarships must be:
• A resident of Tewksbury OR
• A child or grandchild of current members of the Tewksbury Lodge
Scholarships will be awarded only to applicants planning to attend degree- granting colleges, universities, or technical institutions approved by the Scholarship Committee and accredited by the State Board of Education of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or corresponding agencies in other states.#2872 Order Sons of Italy in America, in good standing for at least two years
• Scholastic ability
Scholarship awards will be made payable in full directly to the recipient upon receipt of confirmation of enrollment as a full-time student. Should the recipient decide to enter an institution other than the one for which the scholarship has been granted, he/she must submit its name to the Scholarship Committee for approval. Also, if the scholarship award cannot be used within the immediate scholastic year due to unforeseen circumstances, the Scholarship Committee may make other recommendations.
1. Scholarship Award Application filled out completely and signed by the applicant.
2. A signed letter of recommendation from your high school principal, guidance counselor, or teacher. This letter must be on school letterhead.
3. An official transcript of grades received through December 2020.
4. Applicant’s signed personal letter (computer printed) stating reasons for applying for a scholarship, interests and activities, academic and/or career goals, and any other pertinent information.
Your application will be disqualified if all five (5) items are not received in one envelope postmarked no later than midnight, March 31, 2021. There will be no exceptions!
All applications become the property of the Scholarship Committee of the Sons of Italy Tewksbury Lodge #2872 and cannot be returned.
Copyright © 2018 SonsofItalyTewksbury - All Rights Reserved.